Code Factory’s Mobile Speak line of screen readers consists of software applications installed on a mobile phone or personal digital assistant (PDA), which allow you to use the device even if you cannot read the visual screen. Information displayed on the screen is rendered in synthesized speech output generated using text-to-speech (TTS) technology and routed through the device’s speaker or a headset. Screen contents can also be presented in Braille if the mobile phone or PDA is connected to a Braille device with a refreshable Braille display. Speech and Braille output can be used at the same time, or independently, to do the following:
- Make and receive calls, and manage your contacts and call lists.
- Review the numbers entered in the dialer screen, and check the caller ID on incoming calls.
- Compose and read text messages (SMS), multimedia messages (MMS), and e-mail.
- Browse the internet.
- Create and read different types of files.
- Schedule appointments and tasks, and keep track of them using alarms and reminders.
- Listen to locally saved media files or internet audio streams.
- Configure phone settings, profiles and ringtones, speed dial keys and voice tags.
- Use other programs such as the Notes application, calculator, instant messenger, and file system browser.
- Share data between your device and other mobile phones
Mobile Speak does not take over the software interface of your mobile device, so you can access all its built-in functions and applications. Moreover, you can install compatible 3rd-party programs to do more with your mobile phone or PDA. External hardware such as Bluetooth keyboards and headsets are likewise supported.
Who can Benefit
If you are blind or have a vision impairment that prevents you from reading the screen of a mobile phone or PDA, if you are deafblind or prefer using Braille with or without speech to access a mobile device, or if you find yourself in situations where you wish you could read the screen of your cell phone but cannot or prefer not to (e.g., while driving), then please check out our Mobile Speak line of screen readers as they can just be the solution you need.
Types of Screen Readers
We develop screen readers for the following devices:
Mobile Speak for Symbian and Mobile Speak for Windows Mobile, This means that whatever supported Windows Mobile device you have, whether it is a Smartphone, Pocket PC (touch screen devices) the installation file is the same.
There are two Mobile Speak installation files, Mobile Speak for Symbian .sis), and Mobile Speak for Windows Mobile (.exe.)
Finding the Screen Reader for You
If you know the operating system used on the mobile phone of your choice, then select the appropriate screen reader:
Click the LINK below to go to Code Factory's web site to lear more and or download a DEMO
If you have not yet decided on the phone you want to access, use the Mobile Device selector Wizard of the Personal Assistant to find the one that will suit your preferences. When your choices have been narrowed down, you can select a device, read its technical specifications and physical description, and determine the Code Factory screen reader compatible with it.
Comparison Table of Specifications
» Coming soon
What Makes Code Factory screen Readers the Best choice
With its multiplatform support, the Mobile Speak line of screen readers is distinguished from similar products in the market by its:
- Compatibility with more than two hundred mainstream devices, mainly mobile phones on different network types including GSM, CDMA and WcDMA networks.
- Support for different text-to-speech engines and more than 20 languages including English (US and UK), Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Czech, Icelandic, Greek, Russian, Arabic, and Chinese Mandarin.
- Support for more than 20 Braille devices used for input, output, or both, and which are not only light and portable like the mobile device, but also Bluetooth-compliant allowing for wireless access.
- Seamless integration with Code Factory’s full-screen magnification products featuring zoom levels up to 16x, font smoothing, cursor-tracking, Colour schemes, and many more.
- The most comprehensive support for built-in applications, sometimes even including additional commands and functions that are useful to blind and visually impaired users.
- Support for a wide range of 3rd-party programs for mobile devices, which is continuously improved with the use of a powerful scripting language or a direct partnership with the mainstream software developer.
- Compatibility with reasonably priced add-ons developed by Code Factory, not only to meet the specific needs of the blind and visually impaired, but also to provide functionality that helps them perform tasks with more confidence and independence.
- The most number of user-customizable settings for speech verbosity and Braille access, thus allowing for maximum flexibility.